Mom

Mom
Mom

Art

Art
Art

Yoga

Yoga
Yoga

Me

Me
Me.....being grateful for every thing, every breath, every day of this life
Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 1, 2010

Quote from Elizabeth Gilbert

I have a fantastic blog coming up very soon about juicing and additionally healthy diet and weight management. But until then... I am being quiet. I have an over-articulated life at the present. While I love and adore all people, love meeting new people regularly and all those who I am honored to stay in touch with, I need some time of quiet and respite from writing. I never profess to be a professional writer. But, I have taken the words and presentations I used for nearly a decade as a Yoga instructor and formed them into my blog. Listen, I cannot stay quiet for long. I love sharing what I have learned, to help me along life's path, with others, with the whole world! But I have felt compelled tonight to simply an excerpt from a new author/book I am loving. The much acclaimed book Eat, Pray, Love has fallen into my lap. And it spoke to me, it helped me and has made me start to feel a little more free. Chapter 60, a bit from it. See below. Maybe it will help you, should you have had some sort of a similar experience in your life: having trouble getting over something, feeling guilt from, letting go of or coming to terms with.
Tonight I was blessed to enjoy the words of Elizabeth Gilbert and I thank her....

"60~
He had typed:
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FREEDOM


1. Life's metaphors are God's instructions.

2. You have just climbed up and above the roof. There is nothing between you and the infinite. Now, let go.

3. The day is ending. It's time for something that was beautiful to turn into something else that is beautiful. Now, let go.

4. Your wish for resolution was a prayer. Your being here is God's response. Let go, and watch the stars come out-on the outside and on the inside.

5. With all your heart, ask for grace, and let go.

6. With all your heart, forgive him, FORGIVE YOURSELF, and let him go

7. Let your intention be freedom from useless suffering. Then, let go.

8. Watch the heat of day pass into the cool night. Let go.

9. When the karma of a relationship is done, only love remains. It's safe. Let go

10. When the past has passed from you at last, let go. Then climb down and begin the rest of your life. With great joy.

......Then I shut my eyes and said, 'Dear Lord, please show me everything I need to understand about forgiveness and surrender.'
......I thought of how many people go to their graves unforgiven and unforgiving. I thought of how many people have had siblings or friends or children or lovers disappear from their lives before precious words of clemency or absolution could be passed along. How do the survivors of terminated relationships ever endure the pain of unfinished business? From that place of meditation, I found the answer-you can finish the business yourself. It's not only possible, it's essential."

With love, Becca
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment